Ask a Librarian
This is an online reference service from Donegal County Library. All you need is your library card number. Just send a question via email to the library by filling out the request form below. We will make every effort to respond to your question within three working days. If we cannot quickly answer your question, we will let you know.
If you have a question related to your local public library or your library account, you may receive a quicker response by contacting the library directly. Use this Your Library link.
To check your account on line, use this Review my account link.
Please note the reply will be sent to the email address given to us. We cannot reply to your question if you haven’t given us a workable email address.
(Asterisk * denotes a required field)
Please tell us as much as you can - the more you tell us, the better our answer will be.
More on Ask a librarian
- This service provides brief answers to general factual questions. The service may also provide referrals to print resources or links to electronic resources.
- To make this service effective and to help us answer your query correctly, please be as specific as possible in your request. The more you tell us, the better our answer will be.
Include only one question per form.
- Please ensure you have given the correct email address. We cannot reply to you if you haven’t given a workable email address.
- If you have a very broad question, or you are researching a complex subject, we advise that you visit your nearest library in person to consult with the librarians. Use this Contact Us link to locate your nearest library.
- Questions involving extended research cannot be answered through the Ask a Librarian service.
- If the Ask a Librarian service cannot answer your query, we will try our best to direct you to an organisation that can.
- The service will not give legal guidance of any kind.
- We don’t undertake to trace your ancestors for you; however, we can advise you of what resources are available.
- Please don’t expect us to write your essays/assignments for you. We can help by informing you of relevant information sources on your topic.
- Please use the library’s online catalogue for requesting/searching for library material. Use this Search the catalogue link.
- The reply is a summary of the best sources identified by library professionals. Because of the vast amount of resources available, the answer is not always exhaustive. The user is responsible for any results from the use of this service.
- Some queries may be beyond the scope of the Ask a Librarian service; you will be advised if this is the case.
- Your email question - as with all reference questions - will be treated with strict confidence.