Donegal Libraries operate a contact and collect service
With Donegal moving to Level 3 of the Government’s ‘Plan for Living with COVID-19’, Donegal Libraries will operate a Contact and Collect service.
The Contact and Collect service is available from the following libraries.
- Central Library, Letterkenny
- Buncrana Community Library
- Bundoran Community Library
- TwinTowns Community Library
- Leabharlann Phobail Ghaoth Dobhair.
'Contact and Collect' is a way for you to order books and other items and collect them from your library when they are available.
You can also place requests in the usual way - using our online catalogue, by email or by phone.
We will e-mail or phone once your requested item has arrived.
Donegal Libraries - Contact & Collect: How it works
- Library spaces will be restricted to library staff and will only be accessible to the public on a ‘contact & collect’ basis, where members can order items and collect them from the library. You cannot come into the library to browse the books during this time.
- If you are interested in a particular author or book, have a look at the online catalogue to see if the items you want are in the system.
- When you see something that you are interested in reserve it for collection at one of the five branches listed above.
- Alternatively you can contact the branch and ask for books or other authors in the same genre, or ask the library staff to make a selection for you.
- Once notified that your items are available you can call to the library to collect them. There is no need to arrange an appointment.
- In order to manage queues safely and efficiently and in line with social distancing requirements, we ask that only one member from each household come to the library to collect.
Our libraries will operate their normal hours at this time. You can check our opening times here.
Don’t forget all the other free online library services available to members of the library, including: ebooks, online learning courses, eMagazines, language learning, eNewspapers and reference databases.
How can I contact the library to request books?
The particular author or book I want is not available: what can I do?
If the particular book you want is not available you can ask for books or other authors in the same genre, or ask the library staff to make a selection for you.
What libraries can I collect books from?
You can collect your books from one of the libraries listed above.
Can I pick a time for me to collect my items?
Once notified that your items are available you can call to the library to collect them. There is no need to arrange an appointment.
Before the libraries closed I got a message to say a book I reserved was ready for collection: can I still get that book?
Yes, contact the branch and arrange a time with them to collect.
How many items can I get at any one time?
You can take out a maximum of 12 items during this phase.
Can I return books?
Yes, you can return books.
Are the staffed hours for my local library the same as before?
Can I print in the Library or send items from home to be printed?
No. Unfortunately our public printing services are not available at this time.
1. Plan for Living with COVID-19’
3 & 4. www.donegallibrary.ie